cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jsteele58
Level: Powered On

odata filter. IF and advanced string functions

I have a flow that connects to dynamics crm. I would like to build a "list entities" block that filters account records by comparing the the account record in crm to the account submitted in a web form (my flow trigger).

I would like the filter to look up the account in CRM using the charity number but only if the charity number has been provided in the form (it's not mandatory). 

I would also like to compare the names of the organisations provided in both the form and in dynamics. I was hoping to strip the word "the" from the front of the organisation name in both the submitted data and stored data if it has it as I believe this will help with a more reliable match.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: odata filter. IF and advanced string functions

Hi @  jsteele58,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Do you want the filter to look up the account in CRM using the charity number but only if the charity number has been provided in the form,and compare the names of the organisations provided in both the form and in dynamics?

I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,
Alice Zhang

jsteele58
Level: Powered On

Re: odata filter. IF and advanced string functions

Really? That sounds like quite a gap. If I have a form where I want to match on a piece of data then if the user has not provided the data in the form then I would want to avoid it matching on null.

I suppose I could create a case or a condition that if the information is present then go towards an action where we try to match on it and if it is not present then another separate action where we don't match on it. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Flow Online Conference

Join us for a FULL day of FREE Microsoft Flow Sessions from some of the best minds in the industry!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 114 members 4,142 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: