cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amcneil32
Resolver II
Resolver II

parse HTTP get response

Hello, I am attempting to execute a URL with the get method in the HTTP action. The output returned looks to be the page's HTML. Within that HTML is a query string pointing to an Image. I need to extract just that portion of the HTML. I'll end up replacing the original query string with this one in my flow. I'll need to upload an image to OneDrive. I'm a little confused as to how I can extract what I need from the HTTP response. 

amcneil32_0-1625680836375.png

amcneil32_0-1625681049544.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PrasadAthalye
Community Champion
Community Champion

You can not use Parse Json. Your output is HTML and not JSON.

You will have to use HTML to text to convert the output to text and then use Substring to find your data. Some examples are available within below thread...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/Is-there-a-way-to-parse-HTML-table-output/td-p/28600...

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PrasadAthalye
Community Champion
Community Champion

You can not use Parse Json. Your output is HTML and not JSON.

You will have to use HTML to text to convert the output to text and then use Substring to find your data. Some examples are available within below thread...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/Is-there-a-way-to-parse-HTML-table-output/td-p/28600...

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,625)