Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JPMontoya
Helper II
Helper II

planner GET-method permissions

Hi

I am currently trying to construct a button-flow that, based on an excel-table, creates tasks in Microsoft planner. The user that triggers the button then should have the opportunity to provide input, based on which the flow dynamically assigns the tasks to a specific group/plan/bucket within the planner.

From what I understand, group/plan/bucket have both an id and a name-attribute and only the group can be identified via its name. This means that in order for the flow to make use of the user input (which are the names and not the ids), I have to use the 'list plans for group' (respectively 'list buckets') action to receive the plan/bucket-items and as such get access to both their names and ids, compare the names to the user-input, thus resulting in the ids.

The problem I ran into is that I apparently do not have permission to perform those two GET-calls. This is confusing to me, as the planner API (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/planner-overview?view=graph-rest-1.0) lists the permissions in a way that suggests to me that if I can create tasks (which I can, I tried this separately without any dynamic input) then I must have a 'Group.ReadWrite.All'-permission and therefore should also have permission to 'list plans for group' respectively 'list buckets'.

Then again, I might be misinterpreting the way the permissions work, so I would be thankful for any information on what might be the cause for my issue.

Best & thanks in advance,

JP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rohsh354
Community Support
Community Support

Hello,

I would suggest going through the article below. This explains how to call graph API from Power Automate using Active Directory OAuth. 

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/calling-graph-api-from-power-automate-flow/

Another test, you can do is calling the same API using Postman and verify if it works outside of flow. This will help you determinie the correct URI and authentication type to choose.

Once you grant necessary permissions to Graph API on the Azure Active Directory app, then it should work and authenticate well.

Hope this helps  !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rohsh354
Community Support
Community Support

Hello,

I would suggest going through the article below. This explains how to call graph API from Power Automate using Active Directory OAuth. 

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/calling-graph-api-from-power-automate-flow/

Another test, you can do is calling the same API using Postman and verify if it works outside of flow. This will help you determinie the correct URI and authentication type to choose.

Once you grant necessary permissions to Graph API on the Azure Active Directory app, then it should work and authenticate well.

Hope this helps  !

View solution in original post

Hi rohsh354

Thanks for your input! This looks like it might indeed be the solution to my problem. My project is currently on a bit of an unclear path, so it is unsure whether I actually will end up having to use the planner or not. If I do, then this is looks like the way to go for sure.

Thanks again, cheers,

JP

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,103)