cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichelH
Advocate V
Advocate V

power automate connector 'create flow' failure: 'OpenApiConnection' should not have the property 'authentication'

I have build a flow that could create a new flow using the 'Create flow' connector.
It uses the flow definition and connection reference, I obtain from a 'Get flow' connector.

I used an excellent tutorial from @JohnLiu  to do this.

At the moment when I build the flow, the connector was represented using this icon.

MichelH_1-1606762273863.jpeg

Last week I changed the 'power automate' connection to our service account and then the icon of the connector changed to this:

MichelH_0-1606762237827.png

Now with the very same flow where I get my definition from a 'Get flow', the creation fails. 

Flow save failed with code 'WorkflowRunActionInputsInvalidProperty' and message 'The 'inputs' of workflow run action 'Create_Flow' of type 'OpenApiConnection' should not have the property 'authentication'.'.

I believe the previous version of the connector was: 

releases/v1.0.1404\\1.0.1404.2172

The new version is: 
releases/v1.0.1405\\1.0.1405.2174

Does anyone have an idea where I can find, what is changed and updated in this version of the connector?

Thanks,

Michel

5 REPLIES 5
DavidAKlein
Regular Visitor

This breaks on several fronts - Get File Properties, Approvals. It renders the update flow and create flow power automate management actions unusable.

Would it be possible to get an update on this?

Regards,

David

pawanjajoo
Resolver I
Resolver I

I am facing similar issue with Window Mail Notification action. I have tried creating a new connection, deleted and recreated the connection but to no avail. One thing that I have noticed though is that the "Create Flow" actions works for simple Flow Definitions which does not have branches and multiple if-else or switch-case conditions. Not sure if there is any limitation or bug with the Create Flow action on using complex Flow Definitions. Any help in this regard will be greatly appreaciated.

Regards,

Pawan

KRademacher
Frequent Visitor

I ran into the same error, and after quite a lot of trial-and-error, I managed to find a solution that worked for me.

What I did, is that I took the connection references of the retrieved flow, and copied them to the new flow.

The retrieved flow:

Connection References of the retrieved flowConnection References of the retrieved flow

And inserted into the new flow:

The settings of the new flowThe settings of the new flow

And this worked! You could make these dynamic, but I know that the connections are not going to change in my case. And be sure to use the same account for the connections in both flows. I don't know for certain, but that could also cause some issues.

I hope this will work for you!

Kevin.

MichelH
Advocate V
Advocate V

Bedankt Kevin,

I will try this at my earliest convenience.

Br,

Michel

fraenK
Super User
Super User

Came across the same issue with "HTML to Text conversion" and "Notification to mobile phone" but the workaround from @KRademacher doesn't work for me. Any other ideas how to solve this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,791)