cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nahcyrret
Helper III
Helper III

power automate multiple workflows mix up form responses

I have a SharePoint list with each email triggers item creation and subsequent item update from msform. When several workflows are running together, the first msform response can be successfully updated to the SharePoint list but subsequent msform response can't be updated due to the problem that the update stuck with the last success msform response but not any other responses. Also, when running several workflows together, the msform responses seem to update the wrong SharePoint items sometimes.

Anyone has experienced with this problem before and know how to solve it? 

4 REPLIES 4
nahcyrret
Helper III
Helper III

I found that the first msform response actually try to update all the SharePoint items with the workflow currently running instead of the specific SharePoint item intended for. As the SharePoint field required to be unique, so only one item updated successfully with the workflow continue while the rest failed with the workflow stop.

The msform updates the SharePoint item as below. How to get update to the specific SharePoint item from msform? Can several workflow running in parallel without interfering with each other?

UpdateSPError.PNG

How the form knows which running workflows to callback? It seems to trigger all. I need to add a field to identify the specific SharePoint item in the form and add a condition to allow only the matched workflow to be continued. Any comments? 

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nahcyrret ,

Too little information...

Besides, the 'get response details...' action should be in the previous step of the flow.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1639370862768.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

There is an automatic "apply to each" added when choosing "List of response notifications Response Id" as compared to "Response Id" shown below. My case is "List of response notifications Response Id". Is it due to previous steps that require multiple responses?

GetResponseEach.PNG

GetResponse.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,753)