cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

problem when using a flow from DYNAMICS CRM using the SELECTED RECORD trigger

I have a problem if I try to create a flow from Dynamics CRM that will work on SELECTED RECORD

This can only work with CDS   as the trigger when a record is selected is not available for CDS(current environment)

I select the entity OPPORTUNITIES

- if I create the flow (from Dynamics) and add a simple task (example fill a variable with the opportunity topic All is fine

- If I add another CDS action (example : CREATE RECORD  , with environment current OR select the CRM environment and Entity = opportunities)

Then I get a global error on the flow indicating : THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE FLOW TRIGGER!! and the flow fails before even starting  . ( see below flow and error message)

I also tried to use the CREATE RECORD from CRM (current environment) 

I had no pb do do this in the past using the deprecated DYNAMICS TRIGGER AND ACTIONS.  can anybody help? 

error with the triggererror with the triggerdetail of flowdetail of flow

3 REPLIES 3
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

HI @MissDom ,

CDS(Current) does not have any action which will be triggered on record selection. if you want to achieve custom functionality then via JS flow can be invoked wherein you can pass the current record to do the same.

Thanks

Hi @ManishJain   thanks for you reply

I know that CDS(current record) does not have it. I am not using cds(current record) i am using normal CDS

I have done exactly the same thing in my Office 365 environment and I do not get any pb : I don't see what could trigger this Error in trigger message

Hello @MissDom,

I hope you're well. This is a dumb reply, and pretty much a "turn your computer off and on again" reply... But, have you tried creating a whole new Flow and follow exactly the same steps to see if you still get a trigger error? This has worked for me on occasions. 

Please let me know how you get on, and good luck with it.

Thanks very much,

Garrt

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,847)