cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

"ActionBranchingConditionNotSatisfied. The execution of template action 'Send_an_email' skipped:

Receiving the above error when trying to create a workflow, does anyone know why this is happening? 

Error message: ActionBranchingConditionNotSatisfied. The execution of template action ': the branching condition for this action is not satisfied.

Send_an_email skipped.png

4 REPLIES 4
El_Sparks
Level: Powered On

Re: "ActionBranchingConditionNotSatisfied. The execution of template action 'Send_an_email' ski

Just from looking, I don't see what the Condition is trying to evaluate. Maybe that's embedded in the "Send email with options" step, but the error message, to me, seems to indicate it's failing because it cannot determine which branch to take. So it doesn't know whether the condition is True or False.

Re: "ActionBranchingConditionNotSatisfied. The execution of template action 'Send_an_email' ski

Please see attached - condition is looking for Approve value from email with options response. 

Inkedcondition-email skipped_LI.jpg

El_Sparks
Level: Powered On

When I put "Approve" in quotes I got the problem you had. When I took quotes off Approve it ran correctly. Also when I look at the Advanced Mode of the Condition it shows @equals(body('Send_email_with_options')?['SelectedOption'], 'Approve')Capture1.PNG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Basic_User007,

I think you should not consider the scope of the content of the action output.

If you want to configure the Condition using the output of Send email with option, you should configure the Condition in Apply_to_each so that you can evaluate the formula by relying on the output of Send email with option.

Like:

59.PNG

Please provide more details about your Flow configuration, if you need further suggestion to refine your Flow.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 167 members 4,661 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: