cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nemegeerm1
Regular Visitor

"Create csv table" with a hyperlink column

Hi,

I'm stuck at creating a csv file that has a hyperlink column.

I know that I have add the =HYPERLINK("url"), but when adding these double quotes my entire line gets surrounded by double quotes.

(1) My columns are now one column in Excel

(2) After text to columns still no hyperlink 😞

The closest I get is to add =HYPERLINK(url). After receiving the mail, the csv opens in Excel with the columns available. If the user adds the double quotes to surround the url in the cell and accepts the formula it works and we have a url the user can click on ...

Any ideas on how to solve this ? Somebody succeeded in doing this ?

Thank you,

Marc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paulie78
Super User III
Super User III

Could you try to add a bit more clarity to your question.

You could certainly write a URL into a CSV. But a the hyperlink function is a Excel function and therefore cannot be contained within a CSV file. 

What you could do is create a CSV file with Power Automate and then use that as a datasource within an Excel document and create a hyperlink column, which would work fine.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Paulie78
Super User III
Super User III

Could you try to add a bit more clarity to your question.

You could certainly write a URL into a CSV. But a the hyperlink function is a Excel function and therefore cannot be contained within a CSV file. 

What you could do is create a CSV file with Power Automate and then use that as a datasource within an Excel document and create a hyperlink column, which would work fine.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (25,854)