cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leo_NYC
Helper I
Helper I

"Filter By" list

Hi there... I"m trying to build a flow that would step through a sharepoint list using the "filter by" data.

I have a screenshot below of what I am trying to do.  If I select "filter by" on the sharepoint list, I get a list of possible filter choices.  I want to use that list of choices in a flow to process the data.  Is there an easy way to get this list?

Leo_NYC_0-1616774214031.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amatrox
Resolver I
Resolver I

@Leo_NYC 

I tried a bit and this worked for me:

Amatrox_0-1616777211946.png

You have to create a list view with only the column, you want to have the values from (e.g. just "Title" like you want it)

Amatrox_1-1616777438317.png

Then you have to check, if the array already contains the value. If not, you write this value into the array.
If the value already exists, it will skip.

Before:

Amatrox_2-1616777632781.png

After:

Amatrox_3-1616777707289.png

the compose is just to display the entries of the array

Hope this helps 🙂

Best regards,

André

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
robofski
Helper II
Helper II

If you get the list of all the values into an array you can use the Union expression to just get the unique values which would be the same as the list you get in the filter by in SharePoint.

Amatrox
Resolver I
Resolver I

@Leo_NYC 

I tried a bit and this worked for me:

Amatrox_0-1616777211946.png

You have to create a list view with only the column, you want to have the values from (e.g. just "Title" like you want it)

Amatrox_1-1616777438317.png

Then you have to check, if the array already contains the value. If not, you write this value into the array.
If the value already exists, it will skip.

Before:

Amatrox_2-1616777632781.png

After:

Amatrox_3-1616777707289.png

the compose is just to display the entries of the array

Hope this helps 🙂

Best regards,

André

This is awesome!  I wil try this tonight.

it works great but those fields I want to filter are LookUP fields and they are not showing up.....smh....  Interesting the view i set up only contained the column of lookup fields, and that listview wasn't showing up as one of the options on the flow.

Thank you for this.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,582)