cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

"Send email with options" and expiration time

I have a flow that sends an email with options, those options have links for downloading a document, is there a way so the person that receives the email have 24 hours to download the document?, after that time I want the link to not work or be disabled or just stop the flow, anything that stops the person from getting that document is fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Is not an expiration time, looks like the right term is “timeout”.

I found the solution here: https://teylyn.com/2020/01/07/timing-microsoft-powerautomate-approval-reminders/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

@estemo 

Hi there.  I think this depends mostly on where the file is being hosted.  Some places (SharePoint/OneDrive) may let you set an expiration date on the link.  Here's a thread showing the action in SP:

Change the Link Expiration date of a Sharing Link created within Flow

Keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

@edgonzales, thanks for looking into this!,

Sorry, I think that I need to clarify more:

• I have a flow that when I get an email it will send an email with options.
  • When the person gets my automated answer, they will have options that says something like: get requirements for A, get requirements for B, get requirements for C.
  • So, when the person chooses what they need, this flow will send the requested document on a new email. Reading online, I understand that the flow timeouts after 30 days, I want the person to download the document as fast as possible, so I want to limit it to 24 hours after the email with options. If the person didn't choose then the later steps will stop and not letting the person request the documents.

Is not an expiration time, looks like the right term is “timeout”.

I found the solution here: https://teylyn.com/2020/01/07/timing-microsoft-powerautomate-approval-reminders/

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,762)