Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MariaOrza
Advocate I
Advocate I

"Start an approval" action missing

Hello, 

last week I have been working on creating a new Microsoft Flow and used ""Start an approval" action. Today while wanting to resume my work I do not find the action any longer but only these ones, which require a different type of license than what "Start an approval" required. 

Existing approval action today ( 4 March 2019)

1. Create an approval (V2) 

2. Start and wait for an approval 

3. Start and wait for an approval (V2)

4. Wait for an approval (V2) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MariaOrza ,

Approval is a standard connector which is available for all flow regions. So it can be used in all Plans.

@markiesauce 

Yes, several days ago, the approval emails with Approve/Reject button would be sent to Outlook, however, they would be disappeared and you were asked to give a response under Flow Approval center.

However, now the approval email won’t disappear anymore.

Please take another try with it.

@Basic_User007 

I will collect your request for more clarification around the differences of these approval types.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MariaOrza ,

There are some updates on approval actions.

I assume that Start and wait for an approval and Start and wait for an approval (V2) could be still used in your scenario.

While when using action Create an approval (V2), you should also use action Wait for an approval (V2) and select Approval ID from the action Create an approval (V2).

1.PNG

I haven’t seen any related docs on the updates. I will keep an eye on it and back to you once I got any.

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yamao-msft 

Would you be able o confirm what type of Microsoft Flow license these new actions require now? 

Hi I am using the start and wait for an approval and Start and wait for an approval (V2)  but it does not send any approval emails with approve and reject button in my outlook

agree would be good to get some clarity around the differences of these approval types? 

Hi @MariaOrza ,

Approval is a standard connector which is available for all flow regions. So it can be used in all Plans.

@markiesauce 

Yes, several days ago, the approval emails with Approve/Reject button would be sent to Outlook, however, they would be disappeared and you were asked to give a response under Flow Approval center.

However, now the approval email won’t disappear anymore.

Please take another try with it.

@Basic_User007 

I will collect your request for more clarification around the differences of these approval types.

Best regards,

Mabel

I'm experiencing the same issue. After switching to 'start and wait for an approval' Flow stopped sending emails when triggering the 'approval' function. It does become visible in Flow itself; in both the web and mobile application. I hope this is rectified soon.

--EDIT--

I found out the following:

1. When using the 'start and wait for an approval' function (approval type: 'Custom Responses - Wait for one response'), ensure that you set the 'Enable notifications' property to 'Yes'. Otherwise Flow will not send an email for approval. 

2. (unrelated). Bear in mind that when using the 'custom responses' option within 'start and wait for an approval', you should always use at least 2 response options. Otherwise the option will not become visible in the email. 

May the flows be ever in your favour!

I see you are indicating there were updates months ago, but they don't appear in the office.com online version for flow.. any idea how to get them?

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,617)