cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsmcwhir
Helper I
Helper I

"What If" Question for Approvals Flow - Will Making Sharepoint Fields required mess up my Update Item action?

Hello,

This is a hypothetical question because I am a bit scared to test this out without messing something up. I have a large Approvals Flow with many different branches and "Update Item" actions to update approvers response status on Sharepoint. I created the Sharepoint List Form using power apps and up until now I do not have any of the fields marked as required (other than "Title") because it takes a lot of extra time to add in all of the required fields to each update item action. 

If I go into my Sharepoint Form and change the fields I want to be required as such, will this do anything to mess up my flow? I'm specifically thinking of the situation where I am editing my flow and when trying to save, will it make me enter all of the required fields that were previously blank before being able to successfully save? I have a ton of Update Item actions so I wanted to check to see if that would be the case before trying it.

Thoughts or advice?

2 REPLIES 2
kierian
Community Support
Community Support

Hello 

according to your scenario forms wont  be submitted until users provide an answer all required fields

for flow scenario that wont affect the flow if you can share screenshot for flow design and logic 

Have a good day.

ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@dsmcwhir 

You will be required to supply values for any column which you make required the next time you edit your Flow.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,371)