cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cchung
Frequent Visitor

"When a file is modified" - Can I get what was modified/changed?

Hello,

We have a spreadsheet on SharePoint that we are using to keep track of all our computers & IT equipment.

Every time an update or change is made on there, such as we get new laptops, our accountant needs to be notified so she can update it in her accounting software.

I am creating a flow that can automatically email the accountant when a change occurs.

I got a basic test flow working with OneDrive and "when a file is modified" -> "send an email v2", trying to change it to use SharePoint instead. 

Question: Is there a way in the email I can specify what was changed or updated on the excel? So the account knows what she is looking for.

1 REPLY 1
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@cchung 

I am not aware of any way to find out what cell or cells changed using Power Automate.  

However, Excel does have a track changes feature - all you need to do is to turn it on.

Here is a link with more info on track changes.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,481)