cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rejdy
Helper II
Helper II

"When a new email arrive" - what Outlook subfolder is it in?

Hello guys!

i am trying to build a flow which triggers when a new email arrives to outlook.

As we have multiple subcontractors and multiple people sending us emails from each of the subcontractors, we are trying to find a way to sort out emails and their attachments.

So my idea is to have a folder in Outlook with name "SUB" and for example 3 subfolders within: "A", "B" and "C". I have the same folder structure in my Dropbox or Sharepoint. Is there a way for my flow to determine to what subfolder i drag-and-drop arrived email in Outlook? In order for me later direct emails/attachments with "Switch" function to correct subfolder in my cloud?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rejdy ,

You could select a subfolder when you configuring When a new email arrives (V3).

But one flow only can monitor a folder, so you need to create multiple similar flows to achieve your needs.

81.PNG

Each Flow corresponds to a subfolder, and save the attachment to the folder corresponding to Dropbox.

You could use Save as to create a copy of the flow, then you only need to turn on the flow and change the subfolder.

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/make-a-copy/

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
rsaikrishna
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Rejdy 

In "When a new email arrive" action's settings, you can find "Trigger Conditions". You can place some conditions to trigger the flow when the email arrives to any of the folders.

Here is a blog post has some details:

https://www.bythedevs.com/post/working-with-trigger-conditions-in-ms-flow

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If my reply helps you resolving the issue, please mark the reply as Accepted Solution.

v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rejdy ,

You could select a subfolder when you configuring When a new email arrives (V3).

But one flow only can monitor a folder, so you need to create multiple similar flows to achieve your needs.

81.PNG

Each Flow corresponds to a subfolder, and save the attachment to the folder corresponding to Dropbox.

You could use Save as to create a copy of the flow, then you only need to turn on the flow and change the subfolder.

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/make-a-copy/

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hey @v-bacao-msft,

That is what i was afraid of haha. Thanks anyway!

Hi @Rejdy ,

Ah, unfortunately, at present, a single Flow can only monitor the changes in a single folder. If you want to enrich the function of this trigger, please consider submitting your suggestions in the ideas forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/MPAIdeas

Best Regards,

michellemasters
Frequent Visitor

I think I found a way to do it if you only have 3 types of subfolders you want to sort it.  I am automatically assigned low, medium, or high importance, and then using that to sort in the Switch condition cases.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,949)