cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ishraqiyun77
Level: Powered On

"When a record is deleted" is deleting the record before it can pass the value into the Flow

Trying to do something that seems pretty straight forward: when a record is deleted in Dynamics 365, delete the corresponding record in the other web app via its API.

Built the custom connector as such and works perfectly fine when you test it either in the Custom Connector Test menu or using Postman:

Capture1.PNG

Go to build the Flow and it fails saying "No resource":

Capture2.PNG

Since Flow is pretty abysmal at telling you what values are being sent to the next steps without adding extra steps, I added a variable in between to assign a value to.

It seems like it is passing in nothing. In otherwords, it is deleting the record before it actually sends the value from that field in to the Flow.

How do I prevent this?

Capture3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: "When a record is deleted" is deleting the record before it can pass the value into the Flow

Hi @ishraqiyun77 

The when an item/ record is deleted trigger for Dynamics/ CDS, works when the record is actually deleted and it returns only the record id and nothing else. You can see the information (the recordid) of the deleted item by expanding the trigger in the flow run output. 

This means that it does not retrieve the the other values from the fields for any further usage. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: "When a record is deleted" is deleting the record before it can pass the value into the Flow

Hi @ishraqiyun77 

The when an item/ record is deleted trigger for Dynamics/ CDS, works when the record is actually deleted and it returns only the record id and nothing else. You can see the information (the recordid) of the deleted item by expanding the trigger in the flow run output. 

This means that it does not retrieve the the other values from the fields for any further usage. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

ishraqiyun77
Level: Powered On

So if I wanted this to work, I'd need to have that number in the other web application?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,132)