cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rich2
Resolver I
Resolver I

"When a record is selected" trigger for Dataverse is legacy and there isn't a new one yet.

Hello!

How are you replacing that feature in your new Automate Flows? I know I could technically use it. But I don't want to use legacy triggers. Thoughts, recommendations and ideas appreciated. 

Thanks!

Rich

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rich2 ,

You could submit your idea here.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rich2 ,

You could submit your idea here.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Why would someone need to 'submit an idea' for an existing feature? Why is it not simply carried through to the next version of the connector?

Rich2
Resolver I
Resolver I

I got around this limitation by using a yes/no column. If the column is yes it fires off the flow.

Rich2
Resolver I
Resolver I

I got around this by using the trigger that goes off when you change a columns content. I used a Boolean column to trigger the flow.

Hi Rich,

Thanks for this. How exactly did you do this? Did you use the 'When a row is added, modified, or deleted'  trigger's Select Columns or Filter Rows attributes? 

LenC_0-1657562626258.png

That's it exactly. 

LenC
Advocate II
Advocate II

Nice. I am just now seeing this feature.

Are you using a model-driven app?  If so, does your Flow toolbar button show the Flow? Or did you find another way for the field to be invoked by the user? I want the user to do something explicit to invoke the flow... The model-driven app toolbar Flow button is a little cheesy, but useful in a pinch as an alternative to custom button commands.

LenC_0-1657564931636.png

They wouldn't need to select the Flow. The Flow would fire based on the changing of the Boolean from no to yes. In this example they select all the records they want and change a field from No to Yes and the flow fires in the background. 

Screenshot 2022-07-11 145421.png

Got it, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,643)