Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sing_nsg
Level: Power Up

"When a record is updated" Common Data Service Trigger not triggering

Hello everyone!

This is my first post in Microsoft Forums, i hope you could help me to shed some light on this matter.

I made I flow that Uses the Common Data Service trigger "When a record is updated" at the Opportunity entity, calls an Azure Machine Learning Web Service that I have deployed for a prediction and finally updates a custom record back at the Opportunity entity with that prediction.

Before using this trigger, I first used the Dynamics 365 trigger "When a record is updated" and it worked fine, but was retriggering all the time.

flowdynamics.PNGFlow using Dynamics trigger

To improve this, I've read from this post from Benitez : http://benitezhere.blogspot.com/2018/10/triggering-a-flow-when-dynamics-365-fields-have-changed.html

that you must use the CDS trigger to avoid retriggering.

I did it an now it doesn't trigger. I have the scope to Organization and I made the flow in the same environment where Dynamics 365 is.

I have made some research and it seems you need to have at least user level permissions for create, read, write, and delete on the Callback Registration entity in Dynamics 365: https://docs.microsoft.com/es-es/flow/connection-cds

I have Organization level in those presmissions for the Callback Registration entity.

Also I have Probe the flow with the content of the executions of the first trigger (the Dynamics one) and it worked fine.

executionsrecord.PNGExecution record

This is how the flow is right now. I have changed from (Current) to the TEST environment at the trigger and it still doesn't work.

Flow detail.PNGFlow detail

I don't know exactly which Flow Plan I have, I will ask it....but I suppose I should have at least Flow Plan 1 if I'm able to work with this trigger.

Kind regards and thanks in advance!

NSG

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: "When a record is updated" Common Data Service Trigger not triggering

@sing_nsg wrote:

I don't know exactly which Flow Plan I have, I will ask it....but I suppose I should have at least Flow Plan 1 if I'm able to work with this trigger.

Unless you have explicitly been assigned a Flow Plan 1 or Flow Plan 2 license by your Office 365 administrators, you are likely utilizing the Office 365 built-in Flow license. Please note however, there also may be Dynamics 365 licensing implications as well.FlowPlanOffice365.png

Please insure that you are at least on Flow Plan 1 license to utilize the CDS connector. If you are, please insure that you are properly licensed for proper usage of Dynamics as well. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

v-lin-msft
Level 10

Re: "When a record is updated" Common Data Service Trigger not triggering

Hi @sing_nsg,

About your first problem that Dynamics 365 trigger "When a record is updated" and it worked fine, but the was retriggering all the time.

You can set a field name in your entity, Status Value, with options Active and Inactive.

Then configure the following criteria in your flow. If Status Value is Active, update it, and set Status Value to Inactive. If Status Value is Inactive, no action will be executed and the flow will be terminated.Annotation 2019-05-21 153529.png

And your second problem that "I don't know exactly which Flow Plan I have".

You can click pricing in the flow button of setting, or click the linkpricing, to check your plan you have.

Annotation 2019-05-21 154935.pngAnnotation 2019-05-21 154826.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,716)