cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

"When an item is created or modified"....was firing twice / now broken :(

Hi gurus

I am managing questions for SharePoint list. A user can add a question which is short text and save.

I have set up a flow so that I am notified when a new item is added to this list. All fine.

There is a field in the list "Assigned to" which I want to use to set the user who would answer this question. I want them to be notified so that they will add text to the "Answer" field.

I created a flow as below and this triggers a notification to the user who I set the "Assigned to" field to. 

LH4_0-1592638330550.png

This of course has a flaw, because when the user who I set for "Assigned to" adds the answer, the flow is triggered again, because it has been changed. So, the assignee gets two emails - one telling them they have a new question...they add an answer and when it saves, they get the same email again telling them they have a new question.

I saw on the forum answer that @Gristy advised a user with a similar situation to create an additional field, then trigger and and update item action. I tried to build this...but it doesn't work! 😞 Refer attached. Probably just a rookie error somewhere!flow.png

Thanks

LH

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Looks OK.

Check the internal name of the Sent field. It could be Sent0 for example.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Looks OK.

Check the internal name of the Sent field. It could be Sent0 for example.

View solution in original post

Regular Visitor

Legend, thank you @Gristy!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (9,009)