Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
terzogenito
Level: Powered On

"when a new email arrives in a shared mailbox" Error

Hello:

I am attempting to utilize the "when a new email arrives in a shared mailbox" step in a flow. When I build a simple flow based and add the name of the shared mailbox I get an error message when I run the flow:

{ "status": 500, "message": "Unknown Error : {\"error\":{\"code\":\"ErrorInvalidUser\",\"message\":\"The requested user 'email@URL.com;' is invalid.\"}}", "source": "127.0.0.1" }

I am using a connection based on my own username. I have full access  to the shared mailbox.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
terzogenito

Re: "when a new email arrives in a shared mailbox" Error

Playing around with this and think it may be solved. See below.

I went into the "shared mailbox" step and removed the semicolon that was listed after I selected the shared mailbox (red arrow #1 below). Then I was able to select the folder icon (green arrow #2 below), see the shared mailbox folders (I couldn't previously see the folder list) and reselected the inbox.

flowSharedMailbox.PNG

Not sure if one or both of those steps fixed it, but after I did this the flow worked.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Terzogenito,

Just created a flow using the same trigger and it seems that I cannot get it to trigger the flow. I will test later more and will let you know the update.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
terzogenito

Hi Mona:

Thank you kindly for your help. I look forward to hearing what you find.

Thanks

terzogenito

Playing around with this and think it may be solved. See below.

I went into the "shared mailbox" step and removed the semicolon that was listed after I selected the shared mailbox (red arrow #1 below). Then I was able to select the folder icon (green arrow #2 below), see the shared mailbox folders (I couldn't previously see the folder list) and reselected the inbox.

flowSharedMailbox.PNG

Not sure if one or both of those steps fixed it, but after I did this the flow worked.

Thanks

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Terzogenito,

Thanks a lot for your sharing! That also works for me. It seems that you cannot leave the Inbox leave by default. We need to make sure that it would show all the folders. 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am attempting to utilize this step in flow as well; but the Mailbox Address picker will not find my shared mailbox.  The shared mailbox was created using "Get a team site connected to Office 365 Groups" which creates the shared mailbox.  I did not create the site/group/mailbox, but I was designated the owner when the site/group was created.

zac1

Our Company is in a Hybrid state with AD syncing to Office 365 and i found that Shared mailboxes created just 'in cloud' have no issue and are working perfectly but for some reason any shared mailboxes 'sync with AD' can not be used and return the below error

{ "status": 404, "message": "No email found with the specified id.", "source": "127.0.0.1" }

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I make this function work by dragging/dropping from my indivudlal Inbox to a specific folder in the Shared Mailbox? In this case it would not be a new email, but rather a moved/modified email. Possible? 

WaltR

@ terzogenito Thank you for posting your solution!  I never would have considered that having the semicolon (which is added by default) would be the reason I get errors when working with shared mailboxes.

kb55
Level: Power Up

Brilliant. Thank you so much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fourthImage

Australia Summit

Travel to Melbourne and network with thousands of peers!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 22 members 4,376 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: