cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ITK
Level: Powered On

recurrence trigger and frequency custom values - what are they?

I see there is an opportunity to specify a custom value for a recurrence trigger's frequency value. Can someone tell me what these custom values are? For example, month, year? or is it some advanced coding option?

recurrence frequency field.JPG

I see many posts here asking for recurrence intervals such as weekdays only, last day of the month, weekends only, 1st and 3rd Weds of the month, etc. and am wondering if this custom value for frequency addresses these requirements in some easier way...

I'm personally looking for the 15th and the last day of the month, and reading the post for the last day of the month here was quite something! Just want to check if the custom value uses 'month' and if so, that'd be sooo much more simple (and elegant)!

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: recurrence trigger and frequency custom values - what are they?

Hi ITK,

I assume that this documentation about Workflow actions and triggers for logic app“ could be a reference for you, please check it at here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/logic-apps-workflow-actions-triggers

From the part about Recurrence trigger, we know that the possible values for the frequency are second, minute, hour, week, month, year.

So I think that we could enter custom value month or year when using the trigger “Frequency”. However, I haven’t seen related threads about this issue on Microsoft Flow.

Hope this documentation could be a reference for you. I will keep an eye on it.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ITK
Level: Powered On

Hi Mabel, 

Yes, that documentation for recurrence is helpful, but IMHO, month and year should have just been added to the list of other possible values in the dropdown list. I was thinking the custom value might allow some scripting to make the more unique recurrence frequency requirements easier...maybe just wishful thinking but if you see anything, that'd be great if you can let us know!

Cheers and thanks,

Judi

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi ITK,

Please consider to create a request at Flow Ideas Forum for adding month, year or other possible values in the dropdown list:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

For the custom value, so far, I haven’t seen similar threads, I will always keep an eye on this feature.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 255 members 6,520 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: