cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yustinus79
Helper I
Helper I

recurring email to external domain with attachment

i am wondering if this achievable. i need to send recurring email weekly to external people of my organization with an attachment.

am new to power automate

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi @yustinus79 ,

After filling an email address in the To field, please enter the tab key, then this error will disappear.

Image reference:

ConfigureToField.gif

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @yustinus79 ,

Please check the image posted by Sampo, you need to use Get file metadata to get the fill name.2020-04-06_1705.png

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

13 REPLIES 13
SamPo
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@yustinus79 You can send an email to any address, not limited to just your organisation.

Just enter the email you want into the to field and hit enter. See the example below:

2020-04-06_1428.png

ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

@yustinus79  see you can send all email you want.

recurrence.PNG

with recurrence you can choose when the email is going to be sended.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Strange, i get this red marking, whenever i put external email. 

anyway how to add the attachment?

2020-04-06 19_33_35-Edit your flow _ Power Automate.png

SamPo
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@yustinus79 Make sure to hit the 'enter' key once you've typed the external email otherwise it thinks you're searching for it in your org. Expand the advanced options to add the attachment. You can pull a file from OneDrive or Sharepoint and then add the details dynamically to the attachment details.
2020-04-06_1705.png

@yustinus79  this error is becouse you need to clic on add dynamic content first then you are able to add the emails.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hi @yustinus79 ,

After filling an email address in the To field, please enter the tab key, then this error will disappear.

Image reference:

ConfigureToField.gif

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

thanks guys,, how to add attachments from my local machine or onedrive folder

2020-04-08 08_32_03-Edit your flow _ Power Automate.png

Hi @yustinus79 ,

Please check the method provided by @SamPo . You could use the action provided in the OneDrive connector to get the file and attach them to email.

Best Regards,

hi @SamPo  what is the difference between Get file content and Get file metadata ?

i've tried just with adding Get file and it can browse to Onedrive folders. so wondering Get file metadata is

Hi @yustinus79 ,

We could use Get file metadata to get the display name of the specified file.

This action will output the details of the file.

Best Regards,

hi @v-bacao-msft , @SamPo 

i managed to run the flow succesfully. but strange why the .XLS file received is seems weird and different. capture below. 

image.png

Hi @yustinus79 ,

Please check the image posted by Sampo, you need to use Get file metadata to get the fill name.2020-04-06_1705.png

Best Regards,

Try to fill Display Name in the Attachment Name field.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (64,073)