cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veblitz
Helper III
Helper III

remove items from list using flow

i have powerapps application,i have placed the remove button in the form,when i click the remove button ,it should trigger flow and should perform the deletion for the current item in the form when remove button is clicked and it removes the items based on the registrationID for below associated lists

MasterList

child1list

child2list

7 REPLIES 7
mahoneypat
Super User
Super User

You don't need a flow to delete a SharePoint list item.  You can do it with RemoveIf as described in this previous post.

Solved: How to delete a sharepoint record/row from PowerAp... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

Regards,

Pat

Thanks. I would like to explore using flow for the above scenario for quick update at list level.

Kindly help ,using flow i would need some help for the below one

i have powerapps application,i have placed the remove button in the form,when i click the remove button ,it should trigger flow and should perform the deletion for the current item in the form when remove button is clicked and it removes the items based on the registrationID for below associated lists

@Veblitz Could you provide some screenshots of your "Remove" button formula and the flow structure?
Also, when clicking this button, what happens? Is the flow triggered and returning an error?

my requirement is to delete the values in the list and associated child lists as per below list structure for the current item selected when delete button is clicked in powerapps form .first i would like to know how to setup  steps in the flow for below deletion 

sharepoint List details

(list)Mastertable ->Regid (column)
(list)Child_Lookup->Rid(column)
(list)child1_lo->Regid(column)
(list)Attachments->Rid(column)
(list)Attached_lib->ID (column)

From a flow, you can either delete an item of a list, or delete only its attachments.
So you can use the [SharePoint - Delete item] action. It requires the site address, list name and item id.
As long as you can provide these data to the flow from your app, you can user as many [Delete item] actions as you need.

My understanding is that you need a flow with a PowerApps trigger, and then 5 [Delete item] actions.

Each of these actions refer to 1 list (that you detailed above).
Try it first with a hard-coded id and then replace that id by the "Ask in PowerApps" dynamic content.
This way "id" will become an argument that you can pass from your Power Apps form button.
Does it help? 

Thanks!!!

Each of the delete actions refers to different list  and the respective columns assoicated as specified in previous post and please help me for the same

1.List Name:Mastertable
2.List name: Child_Lookup
3.List Name:child1_lo
4.List Name:Attachments
5.List name:Attached_lib

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,114)