cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BoyDrijvers
Frequent Visitor

reply to Email (V3) Makes different ConversationID

Hello,

i'm trying build a Ticketing system with the tickets that come in by Email in a Sharedmailbox are based on ConversationID.
so same ConversationID = same Ticket.
but within my automatically response flow; if i reply on message by MessageID from a shared mailbox using logicapps function "reply to Email (V3)" the email that is send has a different ConversationID then the ConversationID of the message i reply to.

if i reply manually from out the outlook APP the CoversationID stays the same. 

Correct me if i am wrong but this should be the same ConversationID in my opinion.

or am i looking at this totally wrong. 

Hope someone can help me out.  if any more info is needed let me know.

Kind regards,

Boy Drijvers

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BoyDrijvers ,

I think the conversation id of all replies to the same email may not be the same.

Please see this post.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14823129/how-to-get-universal-outlook-mailitem-conversationid-fo... 

In addition, I suggest you post the question to the Outlook forum.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

BoyDrijvers
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your response @v-xiaochen-msft i looked into and this doesn't clarify the different way of handeling ConversationID between reply with Outlook App and Reply within Logicapp / Power Automate. 

Reply within  Logicapp / Power automate copies the Text of the converstation into a new email and sends this. 
this starts a new Conversation. instead of replying.

i don't this is more a LogicApp / Power Automate issue then outlook. imo 

Kind Regards,
Boy Drijvers 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (4,149)