cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohanPottie

retry flow after failure

I have a very simple flow that runs, every new line added on a Sharepoint list sends the data to multiple online Sharepoint Excel sheets.

At this stage, the flows are failing between 50-70% of the time, mostly due to Operation timeout or bad gateway error

Then I tediously have to go back in, press resubmit, and 9/10 times it runs the flow successfully (so there isn't anything wrong with the flow)

My question is this, 

Is there a way to rerun a failed flow until successful?

So if failed, try and try again. 

Maybe try all flows at a certain time in the evening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks everyone

It took me a while to figure this out. I am new to this.

SO for everyone else...

I added after after my flow a new action, I selected under the action menu/elipsis to "Run Flow After"

upon which I selected: failed, skipped and timed out, and deselected successful. 

My action app is MS Flow Management - Run Flow : and then I selected my my current flow again.

So hopefully this will put my flow in an infinite loop until successful

(I will have to wait for the trigger to run automatically before I can confirm 100% - but in theory it should work)

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JohanPottie,

Please try to configure run-after in your flow. With run after, you could re-run all the actions after a failure. Please see the following doc for more details:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/error-handling/

Once you have a new step, select the ellipsis and choose the Configure run after. Please take a try with it on your side.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GabrielStJohn
Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @JohanPottie!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @v-yamao-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

Thanks everyone

It took me a while to figure this out. I am new to this.

SO for everyone else...

I added after after my flow a new action, I selected under the action menu/elipsis to "Run Flow After"

upon which I selected: failed, skipped and timed out, and deselected successful. 

My action app is MS Flow Management - Run Flow : and then I selected my my current flow again.

So hopefully this will put my flow in an infinite loop until successful

(I will have to wait for the trigger to run automatically before I can confirm 100% - but in theory it should work)

View solution in original post

GabrielStJohn
Administrator
Administrator

Hey, @JohanPottie!

Thank you for posting to the Flow Community Forum! It appears you have found a solution to your issue! If you feel as though your issue has been solved and you are satisfied with one of the previous replies, please click "Accept as Solution" so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

Can you send a screen shot of that connector.  I am not seeing it available anymore

Thanks

I noticed the same. After some looking around, I think the action for running a flow is now called "Turn On Flow" under connector "Flow Management". 

I don't think this would work.  "Turn on Flow" simply enables the Flow, and I don't see any action to "Run Flow". 

I have a Flow that fails relatively often because it needs to convert many word documents to pdfs.  I would like for it to retry the entire Flow if the convert step fails.  Any ideas how to get that working?  

gtipler

Bump. I am having the same issue and cannot find the "Run flow" action in the Power Automate Management app. Please could anyone let me know if this still exists but maybe under a different name? Many thanks.

liniv
Helper II
Helper II

Hi guys, I also can't find the "Run flow" action. Does anybody found a solution for this?

Thanks

Hello @JohanPottie ,

Hope you are doing good! 

Can you please suggest some alternative way? We are not able to find Run flow: Action in Power Automate Management.

Thanks,

Bansari Pandya.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (45,307)