cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

run a custom action when a SharePoint list item is modified

After struggling with conditions based on SharePoint list item metadata I stumbled upon the "Run a custom action when a SharePoint list item is modified" - this template changed a yes/no value to  bool expression after saving. eg "Approved" is equal to "No" would become "Approved" is equal to "bool:false" my flow was running smoothly. I've tried to recreate the flow for a production environment and the flow template seems to have disappeared and I cannot replicate the condition. 

Stanger still when attempting to add a yes/no field in a condition I am no longer presented with a drop down for Yes/No/Custom Value, it only gives me free text - in workflows where I have this condition available, the condition is displayed in advanced mode with the following string

Condition is too complex or invalid. Unable to switch to basic mode.

@equals(body('Get_item')?['Approved'], bool('false'))

Have I missed any significant rollout??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

This should be related with the condition UI.

Besides, would you please share a screenshot of the "Approved" is equal to "No" situation?

Sometimes the Yes or No text Input may not working as expected, and Flow would convert the Yes or No selection into the corresponding boolean value.

If the condition works as expected, then you should be good to go.

Besides, Microsoft Flow would stay in Updating the Flow design UI, so there may be more changes on this part.

And if you have any better idea, please consider submit it under Microsoft Flow idea forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

This should be related with the condition UI.

Besides, would you please share a screenshot of the "Approved" is equal to "No" situation?

Sometimes the Yes or No text Input may not working as expected, and Flow would convert the Yes or No selection into the corresponding boolean value.

If the condition works as expected, then you should be good to go.

Besides, Microsoft Flow would stay in Updating the Flow design UI, so there may be more changes on this part.

And if you have any better idea, please consider submit it under Microsoft Flow idea forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

This won't work for any new workflow however I managed to convert an old workflow where Flow converted the Yes or No selection into the corresponding boolean value and this works a treat. Unfortunately any new workflow started from a blank template still refuses to work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (77,205)