Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmistry
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

run after config issues

Hi,

I have below config for a flow.  What i am trying to achieve is, if for some reason provision pnp action fails, i want it to run again. 

So I configured run after for set variable action as shown below. Is this correct?

Capture.PNG

I want to make sure that if for some reason, provision pnp fails, I would like to resubmit so configured above. However I noticed below after running. The run ended as pnp failed, can someone please help me how to revise run after config for set variable action so that I can make sure that pnp action gets resubmitted if failed, thanks in advance.. 

Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @dmistry 

Generally the flag is successful is default when you add any actions in Power Automate. If you want to run the below action steps after the failure then you need to configure 'has failed option' as well.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials

@abm thanks for the feedback. The goal for me is to make sure set variable only runs after pnp succeeds so if pnp fails, I want pnp action to re-run, what should be the config then? thoughts?

Famous_Sam
Advocate I
Advocate I

It might be poor programming technique, but how about it if you split the processing with a parallel branch - each having complementary 'run after' settings ?

So it tries both branches but only one of them will run. One side or the other but not both.

Famous_Sam_0-1605996257155.png

On one side set your variable, on the other don't.

??

Sam

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,022)