cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: save email as pdf

Is there a way to have either the PDF (or preferably) the .eml or .msg format of the outlook mail be printed/attached as a page in a section of OneNote? Storage on the OneDrive folder is good, but even better would for my workflow would be to have each e-mail be printed/pasted into its own page within a section of a OneNote notebook.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @teqs

I agree there should be standard action from Microsoft. Find my response to your questions below:

• I had tested Inline images and also images hosted public, ConvertAPI endpoint was able to convert. PDF was created with the images as expected
  • For 1 PDF with 2 images, it took around 10 seconds
  • For higher or lower compressions, I've not tested it. There are different parameters you can pass on the API endpoint. Check it on the ConvertAPI website.

Again I am not advocating the ConvertAPI, I've just found the free plan thought of consuming it on Flow. You can also host the API in Azure for converting email to PDF with some C# code, there are opensource PDF libraries (PDFSharp, iTextSharp etc) available. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I am trying to convert the time stamped on the converted email section "Sent On" . I was able to convert from UTC to my time zone (using the convert time zone connector after the "When a new email arrives" trigger) which i used for the PDF name but i'm curious if there is a way to convert and paste the updated time on the actual PDF. Any thoughts?

For example.. here is the time stamp listed on the converted email. It states it came in at 2:16 pm UTC but i need it to be listed as 8:16 am MT. 

aramirez_3_0-1597164889821.png

Thank you !

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Hi @v-xida-msft ,

quick question, our company has an email retention policy of one (1) year, My question: is possible to add a date range or select time period to save all the email under the selected timeframe?

I would like for instance have saved all my emails from July. Or even better at the end of July 31st @ 11:59 pm will trigger my flow and start backing up my email from July 1st until July 31st and automatically saving all PDF's in my one drive?

Make sense?

Thank you kindly for any response

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,221)