cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacomahig
Frequent Visitor

second approver

Hi

I have an approval travel workflow with a condition that send an email to manager to approved or decline the travel.

now my question is what if my manager is sick and could not approved the request, Is there way to route the appoval to someone else? or delay and wait for 7 days if the manager does not approve with in 7 days then it get routed to some else?

Travel Approval.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
jacomahig
Frequent Visitor

Hi

I have an approval travel workflow with a condition that send an email to manager to approved or decline the travel.

now my question is what if my manager is sick and could not approved the request, Is there way to route the appoval to someone else? or is there a way to delay and wait for 7 days and if the manager incharge does not approve with in 7 days then it get routed to second approver?

v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jacomahig,

Thanks for the idea.

But currently there is no proper way that I could think out to check the no response status of the Approval Email.

I think submitting an idea for the Approval Email Action with a No response status would make this much easier to deal with.

For current situation, we could add the approvers all under the send Approval Email Action, seperated by ";", for example:

someone@contoso.com;Second@contoso.com

This way would have the Approval Email sent to multiple approvers, and if one of the email get responsed, it will trigger the rest of the flow actions.

20.PNG

If you have any further questions, please post back.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,352)