cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsymmons
Resolver I
Resolver I

selecting form item adds email to approval depending on outcome

How would I go about adding a user's email address to an approval workflow by pulling their info from a drop down menu on a form?

e.g. 

What country are you going to?

Option 1 adds manager 1 to approval

Option 2 adds manager 2 to approval

and so on. 

Thanks,
Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've managed to find a solution to my issue:

I am using a Form for users to select the country in which they wish to travel to from a drop down, I then have staff manage and update a SharePoint list where column 1 is labelled "title" (contains country names) and column 2 is labelled staff member and contains the staff information. 

I used "Get Items" to reference the list and used a filter query to match the list column 'title" to the dynamic country drop down on the form. 

Initialized a variable as a string value called "approver email"

I then set the variable by selecting "staff member email" and used this output within the approval workflow

rsymmons_3-1618477802818.png

rsymmons_2-1618477784354.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rsymmons 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you would like to send approval email to different users based on their selection. If nay misunderstanding, please kindly let me know.

Here is the flow overview for your reference:

v-duann-msft_0-1618367403938.png

One more thing we need to pay attention to is we can only set up one manager to one user in Office365. So it’s impossible to report to several managers. I recommend you can send to other admin for approval.

Hope the content above may help you.

Best regards,

Anna

Hi Anna,

not quite what I was looking for. Ideally what I want is a list of countries and their respective contact. If someone selects a country on the form, it matches that country to the same country on the list and then adds the manager email to the approvers section. 

I've managed to find a solution to my issue:

I am using a Form for users to select the country in which they wish to travel to from a drop down, I then have staff manage and update a SharePoint list where column 1 is labelled "title" (contains country names) and column 2 is labelled staff member and contains the staff information. 

I used "Get Items" to reference the list and used a filter query to match the list column 'title" to the dynamic country drop down on the form. 

Initialized a variable as a string value called "approver email"

I then set the variable by selecting "staff member email" and used this output within the approval workflow

rsymmons_3-1618477802818.png

rsymmons_2-1618477784354.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (59,555)