cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zak15303
Frequent Visitor

send Email with options!

Hello Everyone,

Is there a way to save the output result of the email with options on a sharepoint list column somehow? I have a email with option action on my flow with two option yes and no. If the user presses yes or no i want that output to show on a column as yes or no? Is there a way? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @zak15303 

When you use the Send Email with Options action, effectively the Flow will pause until it receives a response. Once it received a reply it can then do something with the response. The example below shows the response being used to create a new list item in SharePoint.

Option.PNGIf you have found this post useful, please give it a thumbs up. If it has answered your question, please accept it as the solution so others can benefit.

@MattWeston365

Did my reply help? Please give it a thumbs up.
Did I answer your question? Please mark my post as a solution!
If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Leader: Black Country PowerApps & Flow User Group

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @zak15303 

When you use the Send Email with Options action, effectively the Flow will pause until it receives a response. Once it received a reply it can then do something with the response. The example below shows the response being used to create a new list item in SharePoint.

Option.PNGIf you have found this post useful, please give it a thumbs up. If it has answered your question, please accept it as the solution so others can benefit.

@MattWeston365

Did my reply help? Please give it a thumbs up.
Did I answer your question? Please mark my post as a solution!
If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Leader: Black Country PowerApps & Flow User Group

View solution in original post

Hi MattWeston365,

Your post was great and I was trying to do something similar but I am stuck. This is almost my first post. 

Question is - Is there a way to track user's responses in an Excel (Business) file? 

Background is - I have multiple people's email ID mentioned in "To" field and I have only 2 choices in "User Options" field. When I try to add an action to add a row in Excel (Business), it does not have field to record user's email ID so I am unable to record user's email, which means I am unable to track which user responded. Can you help with this please?

Thanks in advance!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,303)