cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zak15303
Frequent Visitor

send Email with options!

Hello Everyone,

Is there a way to save the output result of the email with options on a sharepoint list column somehow? I have a email with option action on my flow with two option yes and no. If the user presses yes or no i want that output to show on a column as yes or no? Is there a way? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @zak15303 

When you use the Send Email with Options action, effectively the Flow will pause until it receives a response. Once it received a reply it can then do something with the response. The example below shows the response being used to create a new list item in SharePoint.

Option.PNGIf you have found this post useful, please give it a thumbs up. If it has answered your question, please accept it as the solution so others can benefit.

@MattWeston365

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @zak15303 

When you use the Send Email with Options action, effectively the Flow will pause until it receives a response. Once it received a reply it can then do something with the response. The example below shows the response being used to create a new list item in SharePoint.

Option.PNGIf you have found this post useful, please give it a thumbs up. If it has answered your question, please accept it as the solution so others can benefit.

@MattWeston365

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MattWeston365,

Your post was great and I was trying to do something similar but I am stuck. This is almost my first post. 

Question is - Is there a way to track user's responses in an Excel (Business) file? 

Background is - I have multiple people's email ID mentioned in "To" field and I have only 2 choices in "User Options" field. When I try to add an action to add a row in Excel (Business), it does not have field to record user's email ID so I am unable to record user's email, which means I am unable to track which user responded. Can you help with this please?

Thanks in advance!

Tiksha
Helper II
Helper II

What If I want to use Send Email with Options action while using Gmail as connector. Then how will proceed to get same result. 

Tiksha_0-1640673483534.png

Please help.

I don't think that the same features are available for Gmail, and Google services aren't going to integrate like  Microsoft's native services, such as Outlook, Approvals Workflow and OneDrive/SharePoint. And for these approval types of work flows, you and your users are going to need to use accounts in your MS 365 Tenant.

See some possible alternatives:

How to turn a Google Sheet into a simple vacation requesting app

https://techandeco.medium.com/how-to-turn-a-google-sheet-into-a-simple-vacation-requesting-app-843e2...

How to use Google Forms to create an approval workflow

https://formapprovals.com/blog/how-to-create-an-approval-workflow-with-google-forms

Ellis

ashishjpd
Regular Visitor

Is there a way to change the contents of the Email Body at multiple places every time an item action is triggered?

Adding columns is not an option because then there will be extra 10-15 columns to accommodate all data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (6,052)