cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobertMartauz
Level: Powered On

send email with attachment from shponline doclib to variable email (column of the doc metadata)

Hello all,

I am trying to send email with attachment when a file is modified in invoices doclib in sharepoint online.

I have a doclib named DMS_invoices and the business process is:

1. file is uploaded to the doclib and it always has the title: invoiceID_caseID_emailto, where invoiceID has always 10 chars, caseID has 13 chars and email is variable, example
    2017100001_1493355777774_admin@gmail.com
  2. On create a spd2013 workflow runs to get the substrings to 3 corresponding columns in the doclib - invoiceID, caseID and emailto (I am doing it in SPD because atm I cannot find a way to do it in flow)
  3. then flow comes into place with condition file is modified and I want to send the invoice file to emailto with some text in the subject with caseID and invoiceID
    1. this is where I am stuck now- the flow runs without problems with FIXED email adress but I cant see the columns from the doclib in the add dynamic content to modify the flow to send email to the corresponding emailto column value

Please is there a way to get this working ?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
indikakumara

Re: send email with attachment from shponline doclib to variable email (column of the doc metadata)

reply.PNG

Hi

Store file name in your list and use Get File Content Using Path option then you can use File Content output of above step in your workflow

Eg show I store file name in Title field

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: send email with attachment from shponline doclib to variable email (column of the doc metadata)

Hi Robert,

I think below are all the available dynamic content field you can get from the SharePoint library file trigger in flow.

Capture.PNG

Other columns cannot be recognized by flow so far. 

You could post this idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
RobertMartauz

Hello, thanks but the standard columns are not sufficient.

Well lets try it from the other side.

I have a list with cases which has all the neccesary data. I have tried a flow that sends email from list and there are all the neccesary columns visible in flow, even attachment.

Can I somehow get the attachment name and content from the document library to the list flow? what parameter do I need? 

I already tried this:

1. creating new column- link of the attachment in the cases list
  2. when the file is created in the document library I update the list item in the cases list with the same caseID with the link to the file in the document library
  3. I tried to put the link column into the attachment body and content 
  4. flow works, sends email but the attachment is corrupted/bad

So my question is, what I need to put into the attachment name and content - another link? ID? title? 

please help me solve it

thanks

Highlighted
indikakumara

reply.PNG

Hi

Store file name in your list and use Get File Content Using Path option then you can use File Content output of above step in your workflow

Eg show I store file name in Title field

View solution in original post

RobertMartauz

thanks

It works now

but I must say it will be better if its based not on the path but the ID

thank you very much 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,871)