Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wiwilim
Level: Powered On

send email with options without waiting for action

Hi all,

I'm building a flow for work permit extension reminder tool for a list of different people.

I'm using condition (expired in 90 days), then action to send email with option: extend or terminate

But i don't want it to pause and waiting for response before launching another email to another user.

Is there any way to apply this setting?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: send email with options without waiting for action

Hi @wiwilim ,

How many users are included in the "list of different people" you mentioned, if it is below 50, you can try to set Apply to each.

After raising the Degree of Parallelism to 50, the Send email with option action will send a request to the user in the list respectively, without waiting for the previous request to complete before executing the next one.

98.PNG

Or you can add a parallel branch and create a branch for each user in the list to create a request.

Like:

99.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @wiwilim 

Run your actions in parallel branch so all users get emails at same time

Default behavior of action is to wait for a response

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

wiwilim

Hi @RezaDorrani 

Thank you for your suggestion, can you please show some quick screenshot, how to apply "run actions in parallel branch"?

I'm new to microsoft flow, few days young :)!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @wiwilim ,

How many users are included in the "list of different people" you mentioned, if it is below 50, you can try to set Apply to each.

After raising the Degree of Parallelism to 50, the Send email with option action will send a request to the user in the list respectively, without waiting for the previous request to complete before executing the next one.

98.PNG

Or you can add a parallel branch and create a branch for each user in the list to create a request.

Like:

99.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

wiwilim

thanks @v-bacao-msft !

I got another challenge here, after sending these reminder out, how can i set it so that it could wait for response in 2 weeks time before time out? My flow time out even before someone response, then when someone finally response, the flow has failed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,354)