cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raf_and46
Helper II
Helper II

send message to teams - get user name from dropdown

Hi all, I have a power app approval form for a large office. The form needs to be approved by

person1, person2, person3, then sent notification back to the user, who can appeal, which would include a new person being involved in the whole process. App is done, now I am trying to create flows that will notify each person that they need to take action. 

Note: Person1, 2, 3 is being chosen from different dropdown at the start of the process by the user. Notification are to be send to teams as per company requirement.

I had no problem creating a flow which sends a confirmation to the users when he submits the form. However, for some reason I cant get dropdown value for the next steps.  

I simply tried to make use of the ask in powerapps feature and when running the flow I try to pass the value from dropdown but it does not work

FlowTest.Run(Dropdown1.Selected.Value)

It returns no error, but no message is being sent. However, if I use the exact same name, just hardcode it into the flow, I get the message.

What am I doing wrong? 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @raf_and46 ,

Please try:

1\Delete and re-add the trigger.

2\Set the flow and save it

vbofengmsft_0-1670553319005.png

3\Refresh the flow

vbofengmsft_2-1670553385929.png

Best Regards,

Bof

Thanks for the suggestion - sadly I have tried that and no joy. Since its a small flow, I made one from scratch but the outcome was the same

Hi @raf_and46 ,

I've made a test but did not encountered the problem you mentioned.

1\My flow

vbofengmsft_1-1670578272989.png

2\My Canvas App

Add a drop down control(Dropdown1) and set it's items property to:

["xxxx@xxxxx.com"]

add a button and set it's OnSelect property to:

'PowerApp->Postadaptivecardinachatorchannel'.Run(Dropdown1.Selected.Value)

3\Result

vbofengmsft_0-1670578245056.png

If the problem still exists , I suggest you create a support ticket for professional assistance following the below procedure. 

Get Help + Support - Power Platform | Microsoft Docs 

Best Regards,

Bof

Thanks for your reply

I guess Its worth mentioning here that I am not using an email - I am using a name (from dropdown) and pass it into recipient - hardcoded names do send messages to the actual users. Since the dropdown in the app represents names, not emails I though its worth going that road. However, after investigating I am encoutering an

graph user detail not found error even though it can read the dropdown value. That same dropdown value, but hardcoded, does not return such an error and actually sends out the message. Why is that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,811)