cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

servicenow create record object to string problem

Hi

I m trying to create a flow so when a message is posted to a specific MS Teams channel, an incident is automatically created and assigned to a specific group in servicenow.

everything is working fine except when i try to create the incident some fields like the assignment group is giving me an error.

ResponseSwaggerSchemaValidationFailure. The API 'service-now' returned an invalid response for workflow operation 'Create_Record' of type 'OpenApiConnection'. Error details: 'The API operation 'CreateRecord' requires the property 'body/result/assignment_group' to be of type 'String' but is of type 'Object'.'

I tried to use the group name, the group id, etc.. with no luck. i also tried to use an expression string(id) and that didn't work either, I also tried using the get record function and dynamically fill that field based on the get results. 

Other fields are working ok except assignment group and caller which when i looked them up in servicenow table, they are listed as reference type to another record in a different table.

Any workarounds you can suggest? thank you

flow1.jpgflow2.jpg

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (45,753)