cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sharepoint list export as excel table in 2018

Dear all,

I try to accomplish the task to export a sharepoint list on a regularly basis (weekly) into an excel file. In sharepoint, you have the option in the menu "Connect & Export" to "Export to Excel" which works well. However, I didn't manage to build a flow which can do the same and save the file on my desktop (ideally) or my onedrive folder.

I managed to get the template/example "Copy SharePoint list items into a CSV each week" to run. However, the download looks terrible. It contains all the formatting, for example each cell looks like:

{"@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference","Id":1,"Value":"xxx"}

Can you help me with the flow to download a csv file without all the formatting/source information  or a flow which resembles the "export to excel" command?

Thank you for your help

Max

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @meggers,

Just try to customize the columns in the action Create CSV Table. Select Custom for Columns and Yes for Include headers, then specify values for corresponding header.

Please check the following screenshot.

I have made a test on my side and it works fine.

1.PNG2.PNG 

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Mabel Mao,

thank you very much for your suggestions!
I tried it out, but the formatting is still the same as if I export all cells automatically. It works correctly if I use the manual export to excel option, but I guess the beauty of flow is supposed to make life easier and do it automatically.

it shows in a cell:

{"@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference","Id":4,"Value":"XXX"}

instead of just: XXX

Any input appreciated.
Thank you
Max

that works for me, very helpful.  I have been wondering how to get items from a SP list into excel and then send out to a team.  The flow worked in test and I hope it will in anger to.  The only thing I need to add is apply to each to write the multiple line of the SP list.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am currently trying to do the same thing. Trying to schedule the flow to once a week to create an excel table from a shairpoint list and then send it out to a team. Is this possible? If so, how have you done it? Thanks!

@jammy @v-yamao-msft 

Hi @hammy24,

Was wondering if you were able to find a solution for this. I am currently facing the same issue

Thank you in advance!

Veronica

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,173)