Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cmcsweeney
Helper II
Helper II

start approval flow from shared mailbox

Hi All,

As per attached image I have an apporval flow working fine when a new item is added to a sharepoint list. But I would like to send this approval flow froma shared mailbox and not from "Microsoft Flow "maccount @ microsoft. com " as when people in my organisation received this it shows in the submit line "EXTENAL" and they dont respond or the email ends up in the "other" inbox folder and not "Focused"

I have a shared mailbox address  working fine using the company domain for other elements of the flow and app and these go direct into the employee's email inbox as it from an inter @ domain adress.   I any ideas how to change the flow to send the approval process from a shared mailbox.  Image attached of current flow.

Also when approval flow starts its picks up my credntials in the approval email ever though other people have submitted the request.

flow.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Cmcsweeney ,

I'm afraid this is an unsupported feature. The mail sent by Approval action has a fixed format, and the sender cannot be changed.

You can consider using Send email with options action, but sender cannot be shared mailbox, only personal account.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Arpan3t

There is an action called Send an email from a shared mailbox that you will want to use instead of the send notification action.

Thanks @Arpan3t but this option does not work " send an email from a shared mailbox" for the approval flow. This just sends a seperate email and it does not contain the approval action within it.   the user then gets 2 mails.  1 from a shared mailbox. and 1 from approvals [external] to approve.

the ask is to send 1 email from a shared mailbox which will have the company domain and not "@microsoft.com" as the sender and the approval request within that email.

Hi @Cmcsweeney ,

I'm afraid this is an unsupported feature. The mail sent by Approval action has a fixed format, and the sender cannot be changed.

You can consider using Send email with options action, but sender cannot be shared mailbox, only personal account.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

arctirux
Frequent Visitor

Greetings @v-bacao-msft,

Does the option Send email with options also work for multiple recipients? How do you then extract each individual option response when there are many people responding?

Regards,

Arcel M.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,527)