cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

status flow

I have a flow that uses a status column as a condition for an action.  It is working but the action it takes if the condition is not met is wrong.  

Here is the flow:  What am i doing wrong

Flow 6-26.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: status flow

Use "Get File Properties" action rather than Get Files (Properties Only)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/#get-file-properties

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

From looking at the Flow condition,  it shows that there is not action taken if the condition is not met.  You will need to determine what you would like to do if the condition is not met and put that inside of the "No" portion of the condition.  If this helps in solving your issue please mark it as the suggested answer.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

i dont want anything to happen if the status does not equal fail.  I only want the action to take place if a status is equal to final.  What is happening now is that it is sending the document from the source library to the destination library if the condition is final, but it is also sending it the destination if the status is something other than final.  I just want the fist action when the status is.  I dont know what to put on the other side of the condition if i want nothing to happen? 

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

I see, you should get rid of the second action "Get files (properties only)' if you are wanting the information from the file that was created or modified.  Once you remove that you can remove the apply to each and just have a regular condition that takes the 
"Status Value" from the created or modified file and compares it to "Final" that should resolve your issue.  If this helps resolve your issue please mark it as the suggested answer.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

When i take the Get file properties only out then it will not allow me to do a condition based on the status value

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Use "Get File Properties" action rather than Get Files (Properties Only)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/#get-file-properties

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Does this reflect what you are recommending

PA 6-26-2.PNG

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Yes, except in Get File Properties you need to place the identifier of the file that is created or modified, remove the apply to each, and re add the status value to the condition.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

When i try to enter an identifier it gives me this message that there are no choices to chose from.  If i add in get metadata then it runs and will copy some of the documents labeled final from the source to the destination but not all of them labeled final

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Rebuilt flow runs successfully but does not give appropriate response for some files

I have rebuilt my flow and it runs successfully.  There is one problem left.  When the file copies from the source library to the destination library it does not move all the files who status has been set to final.   For example I set 5 files to final status in the source library, 4 files copied to the destination library OK.  However 1 file did not copy to the destination library.  I am unclear why this would be the case?

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Re: Rebuilt flow runs successfully but does not give appropriate response for some files

Here is the new flow i built 

PA 7-2-2020PNG.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,424)