cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gennarodp
Post Patron
Post Patron

store information from outlook's body to sharepoint list

I would like to create a flow to save the information contained in the body of the email, coming from a specific address, in a sharepoint list.

I have already created sharepoint list, to save this information

The body of email is in the following format:

To:

CONTOSO SRL
JOHN CONTOSO
PIAZZA DI SPAGNA
ROMA, 80010
Italy

RFQ No:

# 123456

Priority:

Critical

Quote By:

Nov-30-20 07:23AM CST(UTC-6)

Required Delivery:

NOBODY INC.
GIUSEPPE ROSSI
CHICAGO
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33110
United States
Phone: 123-456-789
Fax: 789-456-123
E-mail: giuseppe@nobodyinc.com

Buyer Comments:

PN 123456-7 PUMP

Buyer Attachments:

[No Quote All Items]

Buyer's Request

Item

Part No. Searched

Description

U/M

Qty

123456-7

"PUMP"

Quote Detail for Requested Part Number: 123456-7
Supplier Part: 123456-7
Description: PUMP

[ ]No Quote This Item

Part No. /
Alt Part No.

Qty

U/M

Cond

Price Type

Price ($)

Trace

123456-7 /
No Alt. PN

[          ]

[          ]

[SV \/]

(X)Outright
( )Exchange

[          ]

[-Select- \/]

Lead Time:

[          ]

Supplier Comments:

Supplier Attachments:

I would like to save following information in sharepoint list:

RFQ NO:  "# 123456"

NAME OF ENTERPRISE OF REQUEST : "NOBODY INC"

EMAIL OF REQUESTER: "giuseppe@nobodyinc.com"

SUPPLIER PART:  "123456-7"

DESCRIPTION OF SUPPLIER PART: "PUMP"

QTY: "1"

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @gennarodp,

I think this would be possible. If the html tag is using identifiers this would be a bit easier, because you could use split functions based on those id's. If it's just plain html without id's you could convert the html to text.

As an example a create this concept flow to demonstrate how to extract the RFQ No: from a body which is using html which doesn't have identifiers.

1. Add a Html to Text action. Add your email body to that action

htmltotext.png

htmltotext_flowrun.png

2. Add a compose action. Use the split function to search for 'RFQ No:', I used the following expression to get the second part of the result of the split [1]

split(outputs('Html_to_text')?['body'], 'RFQ No:')[1]

splitoutput01.png

splitoutput01_output.png

3 Add another compose to remove the string characters after the number by searching for 'Priority:'

split(outputs('Compose_-_RFQ_No:'), 'Priority:')[0]

splitoutput02.png

splitoutput02_output.png

As you can see it's technically possible. But this be can become a pretty complex flow.

So I would also recommend looking at other solutions. Microsoft has several products which should be able to meet this requirement of data extraction. You could for instance use either Azure Form Recognizer or SharePoint Syntex. I don't know if that would be an option for you. 

With both products you can feed the service samples and train it to recognize and extract data from the documents. 

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/services/cognitive-services/form-recognizer/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/contentunderstanding/create-an-extractor

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Famous_Sam
Advocate I
Advocate I

I know enough to know that it should be possible. But not enough to know how to do it )).

It's going to be some serious complicated JSON/html/array processing that will go completely wrong if one character is in the wrong place.

I will watch this one. Good luck.

Sam

Resolved. 

🙂

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @gennarodp,

I think this would be possible. If the html tag is using identifiers this would be a bit easier, because you could use split functions based on those id's. If it's just plain html without id's you could convert the html to text.

As an example a create this concept flow to demonstrate how to extract the RFQ No: from a body which is using html which doesn't have identifiers.

1. Add a Html to Text action. Add your email body to that action

htmltotext.png

htmltotext_flowrun.png

2. Add a compose action. Use the split function to search for 'RFQ No:', I used the following expression to get the second part of the result of the split [1]

split(outputs('Html_to_text')?['body'], 'RFQ No:')[1]

splitoutput01.png

splitoutput01_output.png

3 Add another compose to remove the string characters after the number by searching for 'Priority:'

split(outputs('Compose_-_RFQ_No:'), 'Priority:')[0]

splitoutput02.png

splitoutput02_output.png

As you can see it's technically possible. But this be can become a pretty complex flow.

So I would also recommend looking at other solutions. Microsoft has several products which should be able to meet this requirement of data extraction. You could for instance use either Azure Form Recognizer or SharePoint Syntex. I don't know if that would be an option for you. 

With both products you can feed the service samples and train it to recognize and extract data from the documents. 

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/services/cognitive-services/form-recognizer/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/contentunderstanding/create-an-extractor

View solution in original post

Hello @Expiscornovus thanks for your answer.

your solution is very good, but doesn’t manage multiple data.

in one mail i have many differents data non good structured.

Document understanding in SharePoint Syntex can help you with variations on the text in the body of your emails. To use document understanding, you'd need to save it as a file in SharePoint first. You'd build a model that you train on the variations of the email body you expect. Then as new emails come in and are saved as files, you'd classify the files and extract the info from them into columns on the library.

For more on SharePoint Syntex document understanding, take a look at Document understanding overview | Microsoft Docs

To save the file, use a couple pieces of the Outlook connector and one from the SharePoint connector.

The trigger is "When a new email arrives". The actions are "Export email" followed by "Create file". In the example below, I added a condition so it doesn't save every email I receive to SharePoint.

resing_0-1625092281760.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,088)