cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobWickham
Level: Powered On

syntax for odata orderby for excel table having column with embedded space, error 400

I'm getting the following error:

{
"status": 400,
"message": "Only ordering by properties is supported for non-primitive collections. Expressions are not supported.\r\n inner exception: Only ordering by properties is supported for non-primitive collections. Expressions are not supported.\r\nclientRequestId: b5048be5-e35e-4590-a9b5-df8ed72ff603",
"source": "excelonline-cus.azconn-cus.p.azurewebsites.net"
}

I'm just doing a "list rows present in a table" for an Excel workbook. The column name I want to sort by is "Sponsor Email", and the odata orderby string I'm using is:

'Sponsor_x0020_Email'

I've tried a lot of the variations and this seems closest to what I'd expect for success.

here's the peek code if that's helpful:

{
"inputs": {
"host": {
"connection": {
"name": "@parameters('$connections')['shared_excelonlinebusiness']['connectionId']"
}
},
"method": "get",
"path": "/drives/@{encodeURIComponent('b!Ves-tvHWpUCzHesTpIS-AlYQPfr4ak9Hlo4jCeGAaws1FwFGITYJTJswnAvj4eXd')}/files/@{encodeURIComponent('01NSUF7IDNI7SE2RU2NRBYL3YLNFWHIV2D')}/tables/@{encodeURIComponent('{0EC9BB84-03D4-4C31-A654-7DA611CF310E}')}/items",
"queries": {
"source": "sites/??????.sharepoint.com,b63eeb55-d6f1-40a5-b31d-eb13a484be02,fa3d1056-6af8-474f-968e-2309e1806b0b",
"$orderby": "'Sponsor_x0020_Email'"
},
"authentication": "@parameters('$authentication')"
},
"metadata": {
"01NSUF7IDNI7SE2RU2NRBYL3YLNFWHIV2D": "/Risk Management/Risk Management Inventory.xlsx",
"flowSystemMetadata": {
"swaggerOperationId": "GetItems"
}
}
}
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: syntax for odata orderby for excel table having column with embedded space, error 400

Hi @RobWickham ,

If the field name contains a space in the middle, then it cannot be used to configure Order by parameter, which is a known limitation. I am afraid there is currently no suitable method to achieve similar needs.

Besides, if you want such a feature to be supported by MS Flow, please consider voting for a similar idea below:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Have-Consistency-in-on-Filter-Query-and-Order-By-on-E...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: syntax for odata orderby for excel table having column with embedded space, error 400

Hi @RobWickham ,

If the field name contains a space in the middle, then it cannot be used to configure Order by parameter, which is a known limitation. I am afraid there is currently no suitable method to achieve similar needs.

Besides, if you want such a feature to be supported by MS Flow, please consider voting for a similar idea below:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Have-Consistency-in-on-Filter-Query-and-Order-By-on-E...

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

RobWickham
Level: Powered On

that seems to have worked!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @RobWickham ,

I did a quick test and it seems that the fields containing spaces are still not supported in Order by.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,977)