cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Trebarne
Level: Power Up

task completed freshdesk ticket closes

Hello I am new to Power Automate and I am trying to get a automated flow to work where when a task in Planner is completed, the ticket in Freshdesk is closed. I already have one automation where when a ticket is created  a task is created for one flow. This is what I have so far below and I have been running into various errors from the different combinations I have tried. Any guidance would be appreciated.Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: task completed freshdesk ticket closes

Hi @Trebarne 

I can see that you are using the Get Ticket action and passing the reference from the planner trigger body. Note that the get ticket from freshdesk action expects the unique ticket ID generated in freshdesk itself to get that particular ticket. You need to create the planner task in a way such that the ticket ID information is stored along with the task and can be retrieved when the task is completed. This ID then needs to be used to get ticket. More on the freshdesk connector: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/freshdesk/#get-ticket 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Trebarne 

I can see that you are using the Get Ticket action and passing the reference from the planner trigger body. Note that the get ticket from freshdesk action expects the unique ticket ID generated in freshdesk itself to get that particular ticket. You need to create the planner task in a way such that the ticket ID information is stored along with the task and can be retrieved when the task is completed. This ID then needs to be used to get ticket. More on the freshdesk connector: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/freshdesk/#get-ticket 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Trebarne
Level: Power Up

Hey @yashag2255  Thank you for your response. I thought that was the problem also but when i got into the dynamic content of the Get ticket it only references the Planner options of getting the ID. and I as I typed this out I just figured out the Get ticket is referencing Value Title dynamic content command. The flow is successful now. Thank you so much for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,334)