cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WilliamYin
Level: Powered On

the "MANAGE RUN-ONLY USERS" is a common configuration, add a button on the "Flow lists" view please

the "MANAGE RUN-ONLY USERS" is only visible when I open the flow details, can we have a button next to "invite another owner" on the Flow List... Or at least at a button when Flow admin click the "..." link on the Flow list view.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Assign read/execute permission to a particular flow

Hi @ WilliamYin,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Microsoft flow support to add a “Security group” as owner or run-only user of a flow,

If the “particular AD group” that you mentioned is a Security group, you could add a Security group as run-only user of a flow.

Please refer to link below to learn add a list as run-only user:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/share-with-sharepoint-office-365/

And blog below to learn how to add new Run-Only users to a Flow:

https://regarding365.com/how-to-add-new-run-only-users-to-a-flow-bb0e2f6817c2

Please let me know if your problem could be solved.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @WilliamYin!

Have you had a chance to apply @v-yuazh-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel

Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!
Highlighted
WilliamYin
Level: Powered On

Hi Alice,

@v-yuazh-msft I think you mis-understood my question. I knew Flow has the ability to use security group to control only a group of people to have the permission to "run a flow", but I only see that option when I open a flow, I'd love to see it on the "list of flows" page..

• Flow A  [last modified 3 days ago]   [On/Off] [Edit Flow] [Invite another owner] [Invite another group of users to run it]...
  • Flow B  [last modified 3 days ago]   [On/Off] [Edit Flow] [Invite another owner] [Invite another group of users to run it]...
  • Flow C  [last modified 3 days ago]   [On/Off] [Edit Flow] [Invite another owner] [Invite another group of users to run it]...
  • Flow D  [last modified 3 days ago]   [On/Off] [Edit Flow] [Invite another owner] [Invite another group of users to run it]...

It would be nicer to see a button next to "Invite another owner", e.g. "Invite another group of users to run it", or take a step back, when users click the "...", then show a button there.

Regards,
William

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,833)