cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MircoKunz82
Level: Power Up

timed inbox pause

i have been searching for an option for so long..

I'd like to organize my inbox. So all incoming mails should be moved automatically into a folder, which should be invisible for me. At certain times, let's say three times a day. Should these moved mail be moved back into the inbox. Basically a zero inbox action. But I have no idea if and how to do this. Can anyone help me?

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: timed inbox pause

Hi @MircoKunz82,

Could you please explain more details about your requirement?

Do you want to move  incoming mails into a folder and the move the mails back to the inbox?

Have you take a try with the "Move email" action?

Please take a try with the "Move email" action and let me know if your problem could be solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

MircoKunz82

Indeed it is. The goal should be that the mails only end up in the inbox at certain times of the day. For example 0800,1200,1600. This increases productivity.

All incoming mails should be automatically moved to a hidden folder without appearing in the inbox. But then the complete contents of this hidden folder should be moved to the inbox at the exemplary times.

Also the sender of the email should receive a message that e.g. I should check the mails at certain times and if there is a high urgency other ways of communication should be searched.

I do not know how to install the time conditions.
Super User
Super User

Hi @MircoKunz82

You can set up a flow that will be triggered on a schedule and then move all items from the temporary folder to your Inbox. The below image shows the recurrence trigger. Set this to an interval of 1 day and then you can select the times of day that it will run.

chrome_2019-01-31_11-34-26.png

You may need to double check that your flow wont end up in a loop if you have another one that is moving emails from your Inbox to the temporary folder. If this is the case then you could either try using a rule within your mailbox to auto move incoming emails or move them out of your hidden folder to a another custom folder that is visible.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

BoomerangJeff

Hey,

Bit of a shameless plug, but if you can't get the Flow working quite as you want, Boomerang for Outlook does offer the functionality you're looking for as well.   We offer the scheduling, delivery exceptions, auto-responder, everything you listed 🙂  The folder won't be completely invisible, but it will be out of sight and hopefully out of mind.  Hope you'll check us out, but best of luck with your search either way!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 309 members 5,812 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: