cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bsmith736464
Helper I
Helper I

toUpper Output Value from Outlook Search For Users

I am searching for user via their Last Name and then once I get that output, I am looking to just make the Surname all upper case so that I can cross reference it against another field but it does not seems to changing that data field.  I am using the expression:

toUpper(triggerBody()['Search_for_users_(V2)']?['Surname'])

and part of my flow is below.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 7.28.30 PM.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@bsmith736464 the following flow based on your worked for me, pulling the email address from the spreadsheet and putting that into the Search and then using 2 compose controls converting the surname to upper case:

0-flow.png

1-result.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hello @bsmith736464 

I think you should use this expression in the compose value: toUpper(items('Apply_to_each_5')?['Surname']) using the ouput from the search users (v2) action. I have done something similar, and it works:

2020-02-22 11_16_59-Window.png

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

@fchopo  - thank you so much for your help but unfortunately it is still not working.  

I have tried it a couple of ways but from what I can surmise from the output, it looks like "Compose 2" box is only pulling data from the original excel file that is already uppercase instead of the "Search for Users" output that I need it to.  

Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 1.55.21 PM.png

Please, could you share the expression in the "Compose 2" action?

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

@bsmith736464 the following flow based on your worked for me, pulling the email address from the spreadsheet and putting that into the Search and then using 2 compose controls converting the surname to upper case:

0-flow.png

1-result.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,670)