cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eranpeterson

trigger flow for "Approved" or "Rejected" in list

I have created a vacation approval list and I'm trying to get a flow to start when the approval status changes. I do not see an option for Approve Status at all in my choices for dynamic content like I've seen in other posts. What do I have to do to get that as an option? 

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Re: trigger flow for "Approved" or "Rejected" in list

Hi @eranpeterson,

Do you want to trigger a flow when the approval status column in the sharepoint list is changed?

If you want to trigger a flow when the approval status column in the sharepoint list is changed, Microsoft flow sharepoint connector could support the trigger when an item is created or modified currently.

triggerring a flow for a selected column is not supported in sharepoint connector in microsoft flow currently.

If you would like this feature to trigger a flow when the status column is changed to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

As an alternative way, you could add a yes/no type column "statuschanged" in your list, and create a flow with trigger "when an item is created or modified", and add a Condition to check if the value of column "statuschanged" is equal to true, if yes,do something you want, if no do nothing.

Best regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,859)