cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trigger flow when a folder is updated

Hi,

I'm trying to sset up flow so that when a folder in sharepoint is updated with files an email is sent out. With the "new file added" template it sends one email per file bombarding my inbox. Is there a way to configure flow so that it sends one email saying "a folder been updated" ?

Thanks in advance,
Liz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @lizk1, no there's no action like you describe and even if you did have a "when a folder has been updated" it would fire every time a item was added to it, so it would be no different. What you could do is to have a recurrence trigger running say once a week. Then Get items from the document library that have been uploaded in the last week, then send an email with just the names of those new items.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @lizk1, no there's no action like you describe and even if you did have a "when a folder has been updated" it would fire every time a item was added to it, so it would be no different. What you could do is to have a recurrence trigger running say once a week. Then Get items from the document library that have been uploaded in the last week, then send an email with just the names of those new items.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

You can do this in SharePoint itself at the Document Library. Set an alert and you can get an email notification immediately, daily or weekly. Choose "Only send me alerts when: All changes, New items are added, Existing items are modified or Items are deleted."

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,933)