cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Antking
Level: Powered On

trigger meting invite in outlook for boardrooms?

I have trying to create calendar invite where email will go out to multiple users, but the boardroom it occupies has limitation of how many people can sign up. E.g. the boardroom has limitation of 20 people that can attend.

I dont see anywhere in outlook calendar where i can restrict or limit to 20 ussers and 21+ user replies, it will put them on waiting list or send email the session is now full. Any way i can accomplish this using Flow? 

- Create meeting invite and sent out to 100+ users. 

- first come first basis, 20 users who accept the meeting will get in. -the rest will be put on hold and email sent to indicate its now full. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: trigger meting invite in outlook for boardrooms?

Hi @Antking ,

Yes, you need to create a List and configure the corresponding fields to log the information.

You can refer to this template - Record form responses in SharePoint to create a Flow.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Antking ,

Currently, there is no similar function in the Outlook calendar connector to monitor the number of users receiving an invitation in an event.

I recommend that you use MS Forms, first create a form using MS Forms, people need to fill in your own email address, and then wait for the user's reply.

The result of the reply is recorded in the SharePoint List. If the number of items exceeds 20, an email sent to indicate its now full.

Then add the email addresses of these 20 users to the corresponding event.

Hope it makes sense.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Antking
Level: Powered On

Thank You for the info. How does it enter the info into SharePoint List? do I need create list in SharePoint?

Is there way to trigger some action to indicate if the first 20 users enter their email address is good. over 20+, they get an email indicating to be on waitlist.

does MS Form has some triggers it can create?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Antking ,

Yes, you need to create a List and configure the corresponding fields to log the information.

You can refer to this template - Record form responses in SharePoint to create a Flow.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 363 members 4,493 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: