Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

trigger notification from powerapps

Hello, 

I am quite new to PowerApps and I don't understand some features, perhaps I didn't find the right documentation.

-I'll start with the triggering of notification : usually when I code, I have the ability to start an action on an event I defined myself.

Here it seems the only way is to use those existing, such as OnSelect.

In my case I'm interested in calling a notification when there's a new item on my browsegallery, which is a filter of my datasource.

So what event could I possibly use ?

-Then about the connection : see this doc, there are 2 options, Flow management, and Trigger from an app, for which I also found 2 connectors : BoutonPowerApps and PowerApps Notification. I am very confused about those connectors and how to use them.

I found two different commands 

*PowerAppsNotification.SendPushNotification({recipients:["mail"];message:"test"})

*MyPowerAppNotification.Run(one;two)

And then when I configure my flow I get "Ask PowerApp" ( about what ?), or "body", or "condition" and regarding this I am even more confused and found no documentation or tutorial.

-About this command PowerAppsNotification.SendPushNotification({recipients:["mail"];message:"test"}):

I would ideally like to send a notification to all members of an Office group. So I found another connector which is Office365Groups but I didn't manage to use it in the recipients parameter since I get a record instead of a table.

Some help and clarification would be really appreciated Smiley Happy

Thanks in advance, 

Julie

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: trigger notification from powerapps

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you want to push a PowerApps notification when a new item is added on your BrowseGallery?

Which data source do you use within your PowerApps app?

If you want to push a PowerApps notification when a new item is added on your BrowseGallery, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps or Microsoft Flow currently (using 2 options that you mentioned).

If you want to pass data from PowerApps app to Microsoft Flow, you could add a PowerApps button trigger within your flow for getting data from your PowerApps. Mode details about the usage of PowerApps button trigger, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/using-logic-flows

The PowerApps Notification connector is used to send push notifications to apps created with PowerApps. You could use the "SendPushNotification" action of this connector to send push notifications. More details about the PowerApps Notification connector, please check the following article:

PowerApps Notification

More details about the usage of "SendPushNotification" action of PowerApps Notification connector within Microsoft Flow, please check the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/PowerApps-Flows-SendPushNotifications-Recipients/td-p/26288

More details about PowerAppsNotificaiton.SendPushNotificaiton() command in PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/add-notifications

Best regards,

kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: trigger notification from powerapps

Thank you for answering Kris. I already have all the links you listed, unfortunately they miss information for me to understand how they could fit my needs. Moreover there is another topic related to these matters : are notifications active when the app is running in the background? It doesn't look like so.

Do you want to push a PowerApps notification when a new item is added on your BrowseGallery? Yes

Which data source do you use within your PowerApps app? SQL Server datatable

If you want to pass data from PowerApps app to Microsoft Flow, you could add a PowerApps button trigger within your flow for getting data from your PowerApps. Mode details about the usage of PowerApps button trigger, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/using-logic-flows ->  I used it to trigger from the app to a flow and it's more or less working, depending on the following connections (I'll get to that later*), but I don't see how to run it from a flow to the app, since the command is ButtonPowerApps.Run(). Where would I receive the flow in the app?

The PowerApps Notification connector is used to send push notifications to apps created with PowerApps. -> I would have to send and receive a notification from the same app, is it even possible ? 

*More details about the usage of "SendPushNotification" action of PowerApps Notification connector within Microsoft Flow, please check the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/PowerApps-Flows-SendPushNotifications-Re... -> users often use Sharepoint or emails, while I use mobile notification, and this connector doesn't seem to accept various users, which is a big problem for me since it means every user will have to create its own flow.

In the end I am directing to another way, which is recursive synchronization of my data directly to SQL Server and regarding a condition ( that is not aboslutely what I wanted  but is still the best I have so far), triggering a push notification. I still have the multiple user issue, but at least it is simplier.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Flow Online Conference

Join us for a FULL day of FREE Microsoft Flow Sessions from some of the best minds in the industry!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 184 members 5,233 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: