Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sadkkf
Level: Powered On

trouble with HTTP 2 POST

Hi--

I'm trying to send an email's subject line to a PHP script on my server, but when using the HTTP 2 POST action, the array is always empty.

My Flow is very simple...first step is On New Email, then POST the subject to my script. Using the GET method works, but my subject lines are more complex than GET can effectively manage.

What do I need for headers, queries and body?

flow.jpg

Thank you!

/kevin

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: trouble with HTTP 2 POST

Hi @sadkkf 

You need to properly construct the query (JSON/ XML/ formatted body, headers etc.) and then execute the HTTP action. Can you share more details on the format of teh query URL and the parameters so that we can better assist you in setting up the action?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

sadkkf

Hello and thank you for the reply!

All I need to do is send the subject line from an incoming email to my PHP script for processing. It doesn't matter to me if it's JSON/XML or anything; whatever is easier for the Flow.

I haven't written the PHP script yet so this can be built in any way.

For reference, the subject line will look something like this:

ABC process started on 2019-07-10T08:05:00

My script will take that string and process it in a couple of different ways and I can write it to take whatever Flow sends. I'm just not having much success with this and am completely unsure how set this up.

Any help you can provide is very much appreciated.

Thank you!!

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@sadkkf 

There must be some parameter that you are adding the subject to in your php code. For example it could be "Subject" : "Subject of email"

If you could share more details on the query/ the http request that you are trying to send and the schema that the php code is looking for then we might be ale to better assist you with this. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

sadkkf

My PHP isn't written yet so I can use any parameter. "Subject" would work just fine.

Honestly, this is a very simple process. We have a mailbox dedicated to this Flow so every message that arrives should activate it and send the subject lines to my PHP.

You've seen a sample subject line in my previous post. I just want that POSTed as "Subject" to my script. My PHP will parse the bits it needs and that's all. Beyond this, I'm not sure what else is needed to build the Flow.

I'm just not familiar with Flow's standards and best practices or even how to send the data correctly.

I do appreciate any help you can provide.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,754)