Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssarwa
Microsoft
Microsoft

unable to create office 365 event

Hi,

I am trying to create a flow to create a simple office 365 calendar event. I get the following error: BadRequest. Type is required for authentication. Supported types are: 'ClientCertificate, ActiveDirectoryOAuth, Basic, Raw'.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Ssarwa,

What’s the trigger of your flow? How did you configure the fields of action “Office 365 calendar>Create event”?

I have a flow which is triggered by “SharePoint>When a new item is created”, followed by the action “Office 365 calendar>Create event”. I configured the required fields looks like below, it worked fine.

1.png

I am wondering if you are configuring the fields of Create event action with invalid column types. Could you show me more details?

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am creating a simple trigger of button. On button press, create a calendar event.

Hi Ssarwa,

Thanks for updates.

I guess that you get the End time and Start time from the Dynamic content of Manually trigger a flow. But the Date and Time format is not supported in the Office 365 Outlook calendar.

It seems that only “Date only” format is supported in the calendar. Could you try to use Compose action to format the Date and Time format to Date only format to see if it works.

About Compose action, please check this blog for a reference:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/build-advanced-flows/
About how to format the Date and time, please see this documentation about Workflow Definition language for more details:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/logic/definition-language

I am trying to reproduce this issue on my side. But it seems that there is some wrong with my Office 365 Outlook connection. I will back once it is available.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,563)